The Society for Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics Malaysia (SEGRM) which is the National Group for IAEG and ISRM is pleased to announce that the inaugural SEGRM Symposium on Geo-engineering (SEGRM-GEO) will be held in the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur from 3rd to 4th July, 2018. The Symposium will bring together like-minded engineers, geologists and other geo-professional from academia as well as the public and private sectors to share their researches, case studies and experiences. The Symposium is jointly organised with Geological Society of Malaysia and Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology, UTM.
Call for Papers
Participants are invited to present papers on original research either in English or Bahasa Malaysia for the Technical Sessions. Contributors may submit more than one paper, however the Organising Committee has the right to select only one paper by any first author for oral presentations, while the rest will be for poster presentations.
Priority will also be given to papers with full manuscript.
Please come and share your experiences, ideas and expertise for the benefit of our country, the region and future generations.
Those who would like to present papers are required to submit an extended abstract. The extended abstract should be between 500 to 750 words long, can have up to 3 figures and/or tables and must have at least 3 references.
Abstracts of accepted papers will be distributed to all participants of SEGRM-GEO 2018. Full papers will be reviewed and published in the Bulletin of the Geological Society of Malaysia, index by SCOPUS.
During the two-days symposium on SEGRM-GEO 2018, several themes emerged.
- Fundamental Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics
- Rock Properties Experimental Rock Mechanics and Physical Modeling
- Stability of Slopes in Civil and Mining Engineering
- Design Methodologies and Analysis/Rock Dynamics
- Engineering and Rock Mechanics at Historical Sites and Monuments
- Underground Excavation in Civil and Mining Engineering
- Rock Mass Characterization
- Geotechnology (Tools and Techniques)
- Petroleum Geomechanics and Rock Physics
- Instrumentation-Monitoring in Rock Mechanics and Back Analysis
- Engineering Geology and Risk Management
- Landslide Hazards and Risk Management
- Earthquake Induced Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics Problems
- Urban Engineering Geology
Payments of conference registration fees must be made by 01 June 2018. Additional fees of RM400 for publication in Bulletin Geologi (SCOPUS).